The client is a global retailer of athletic apparel consisting of ten distinct brands and over 3,000 stores across dozens of countries, plus mobile and online shopping experiences.
This client was undergoing a large-scale digital transformation initiative, driven by the desire to create a frictionless and consistent customer experience across all channels and brands. One major piece of the initiative required a complete revamp of the technical architecture to enable a rich customer experience that could support all ten of the client’s brands and help build/scale a team that could provide long term feature enhancement and operations of the new platform.
Launch partnered with our client to evaluate options and align on an architecture to best fit the need for multi-tenancy, scalability, and future-proofing their digital commerce transformation. The team then:
- Worked with the client to architect the solution
- Built multiple teams to focus on each aspect of the stack, including product, UX, front-end, back-end, mobile development, ETL, and quality assurance, to fully execute the redevelopment and redesign of the web and mobile properties
- Devised the migration strategy of customers from the legacy system to the new platform
- Managed the execution of the release cadence for each of their ten brands
- Helped the client scale their own teams from zero to over 100 people within three years
We set up the client company with a foundational platform and teams that continued to enhance and build upon that foundation to meet the business needs across their various brands. The platform provided a consistent customer experience across all touchpoints/channels, which differentiated the brands from competition.
Thus equipped, our client teams:
- Successfully transitioned all US brands to the new platform over two years and is continuing the rollout to EMEA brands
- Introduced new digital products/services on the platform that have allowed further differentiation of the brand through customer engagement
- Increased online sales by 30%
- Implemented scalable infrastructure that can dynamically support up to 3x the expected customer traffic